NIFT 2023 Exam Eligibility and Application Fee: Every year, the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) holds a national level entrance exam to select candidates for admission to several undergraduates (UG) and post-graduate (PG) courses in fashion, design, technology, and management at 17 campuses located across the country. NIFT is one of India’s best autonomous institutes for launching a career in fashion design. This article highlights the eligibility and application fee for NIFT 2023 exam, which was scheduled for February 6, 2023.
Note: Because of the current COVID-19 pandemic, the candidates had to take the NIFT 2023 exam on a laptop or desktop from the comfort of their home in an online proctored mode.
NIFT UG courses:
|NIFT Admissions 2023: List of UG Courses|
|Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Fashion Design|
|Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Leather Design|
|Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Accessory Design|
|Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Textile Design|
|Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Knitwear Design|
|Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Fashion Communication|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.FTech) Apparel Production|
NIFT PG courses:
|NIFT Admissions 2023: List of PG Courses|
|Master of Design (M.Des)|
|Master of Fashion Management (M.F.M)|
|Master of Fashion Technology (M.FTech)|
Table of Contents
NIFT Exam Eligibility for Bachelors Courses (B.Des and B.FTech)
Who are eligible to apply?
Candidates who fulfil the prescribed age and educational qualification criteria for the Bachelors’s degree in question are eligible to apply for NIFT 2023.
The maximum age limit is 24 years old as of August 1, 2023, of the entrance year. However, for candidates from the scheduled caste (SC)/scheduled tribe (ST)/Person with disability (PWD), the upper age limit may be waived for five years.
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
- A candidate must have passed the plus 2 (10+2) level education from any recognized central/state board of secondary examination.
- Any public school/board/university examination approved by the Association of Indian Universities is similar to the 10+2 system in India or abroad.
- Senior secondary school examination, with a minimum of five subjects, conducted by the National Open School.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination at the Advanced level/ International Baccalaureate (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka).
Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.FTech)
- A candidate must have passed the plus 2 (10+2) level education from any recognized central/state board of secondary examination with Physics and Mathematics.
- Any public school/board/university examination approved by the Association of Indian Universities similar to the 10+2 system in India or abroad with Physics and Mathematics.
- The National Open School conducted a senior secondary school examination with Physics and Mathematics with a minimum of five subjects.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination at the Advanced level/ International Baccalaureate with Physics and Mathematics (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka).
NIFT Exam Eligibility for Masters Courses (M.Des, M.F.M, and M.FTech)
Who are eligible to apply?
Since there is no maximum age limit, any candidate who meets the educational qualification criteria for the Master’s degree in question can apply.
Educational qualification for M.Des and MFM
- An undergraduate degree in any discipline from any institute or university in India is legally recognized.
- A three-year undergraduate diploma from NIFT or NID (National Institute of Design)
- \Educational qualification for M.FTech
- FTech from NIFT.
- E/B.Tech from any institute or university in India that is legally recognized.
Note: Candidates taking qualifying examinations and those who have not yet received their results are eligible to apply if they can prove having obtained the minimum required qualifications at the time of counselling/admission.
NIFT Exam Eligibility Criteria for the Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NRI/OCI
Foreign nationals/SAARC/NRI/OCI candidates are not required to take the entrance exam, and their selection will be based on their SAT/GMAT/GRE scores. However, all candidates must have the required age and academic criteria for the course in question.
NIFT Exam Application Fee
Candidates should apply for the NIFT examination online at the NIFT website. After completing the form, candidates should pay the application fee (Rs.3000/- or Rs.1500/-) online. The online payment can be made with a debit/credit card or net banking. The candidate will be responsible for any bank fees associated with online transactions. NIFT will not be held liable for any payment or auto-reversal failures for whatever reason.
Important note: The registration process for NIFT 2023 has been closed as of now.
The following table summarizes the application fee for different categories for the NIFT 2023 examination.
|Category||Application fee (non-refundable)|
|General/OBC (Non-Creamy) category||Rs.3000/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD category||Rs.1500/-|
Candidates are advised to maintain a printout/photocopy of the proof of payment and a copy of the application form for future reference.