According to the recent update on NEET PG 2023, the National Board of Examination (NBE) has declared the date for the examination to be held on the 5th of March, 2023. The new update consists of information bulletins about the NEET PG entrance exam, deadline for application, window opening for correction, and date of the admit card release. The date for the release of NEET PG 2023 results is scheduled for 31st March 2023, but the date about rank is yet to be notified.
The entrance exam of NEET PG 2023 will consist of 300 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) that are to be completed in 3 hours and thirty minutes. This All-India exam will grant admission to 12,690 students in Masters in Surgery (MS), 24.360 students in Doctor of Medicine (MD), and PG diploma sear to 922 students. Therefore, aspirants for the NEET PG exam 2023 must keep an eye on the official website to keep track of any updates on the examination.
Table of Contents
Eligibility requirements for appearing for NEET PG 2023 examination
Candidates aspiring to crack the NEET PG 2023 examination must fulfill the following criteria to participate in the exam.
- Candidates must possess a graduate degree of Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or a provisional MBBS passing certificate by a recognised institution under the Indian medical council Act, 1956.
- Candidates are required to have MBBS registration, issued by the Medical Council of India (MCI) or a state medical council (SMC)
- The candidate must have completed the required one year of internship on or before 31st March 2023.
The candidate must fulfill additional criteria for 50% AIQ. The criteria are listed below:
- Medical graduates from Jammu and Kashmir are not eligible for AIQ 50% seats.
- Candidates belonging to Jammu and Kashmir are eligible for AIQ 50% seats if the Government of India nominates them under Central Pool seats for completing their graduation in MBBS from a medical institution in Jammu and Kashmir. The candidate must submit a self-attested affidavit declaring their nomination by the government of India.
For foreign medical graduate candidates, the following are the eligibility criteria for appearing in the NEET PG 2023.
- The candidate must have qualified for the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE Screening test.
- The candidate should have registered his/herself with MCI or any SMC of India.
- The candidate must have completed the one-year internship program during the MBBS degree course.
- For the application for NEET PG 2023, the candidate must submit the FMGE pass certificate test results issued under NBE.
For foreign nationals applying for NEET PG 2023, the eligibility criteria are listed as:
- After 2019, it is not required for foreign national candidates to be registered with MCI. Instead, they can appear without any registration with MCI.
- The MCI is competent to issue provisional registration to foreign nationals candidates. Still, the registration is for a limited period and only for postgraduate course duration in India.
- The candidate must be registered with the competent authority of their country to get provisional registration.
The application fees for the NEET PG Registration 2023 is Rs 5,015/- for general and OBC candidates, while the fees are Rs. 3,835/- for SC and ST candidates.
Candidate must keep their documents while filling out their form. The list of documents required for the application process are:
- · Mark sheet of Class 12th
- · Mark sheet of the graduate degree.
- ·Scanned copy of Signature of less than 80kb.
- ·Scanned copy of Photograph, less than 80kb.
- Scanned copy of caste certificate issued under Central government authority.
- ·Valid email id and contact number.
- ·Net banking information for the payment of the application form.