MAT or the Management Aptitude Test is an entrance examination conducted at the national level. The conducting body/ organisation is the All India Management Association, i.e, AIMA. The MAT exam is conducted every year four times- in December, February, May, and September. The score obtained in the MAT exam is accepted in over 600 colleges in the country for aspirants seeking admission in MBA programs. A candidate can use their MAT score for up to 1 year of taking the test to seek admission to a business college. The application form for the MAT exam can only be filled out in online mode. Keep reading to find out more about the important dates (registration/ application, examination) and other key information about the MAT exam 2023.
The MAT exam is conducted in three modes- the online or Computer- Based Test (CBT), Remote Proctored or Internet-Based Test (IBT), and the offline or Paper-Based Test (PBT). The application fee for the PBT is INR 1550, for all general category candidates. The application fee for the CBT is INR 2650, for all general category candidates. Through the MAT exam, candidates can seek admission in MBA and PGDM courses in business colleges throughout the country.
Important Dates for MAT 2023: Registration Application, Admit Card, and Exam
- The registration process for both the PBT and CBT modes of the MAT exam 2023 would begin on 27th December 2021.
- The last date till which candidates can fill out the application form for MAT 2023 in PBT mode is 28th February 2023, whereas, the last date for applying for the CBT exam is 7th March 2023.
- The admit card for the PBT exam would be released on 2nd March 2023 and for the CBT exam, it would be released on 9th March 2023.
- The date of the MAT examination in PBT mode is 6th March 2023 while the CBT exam would be held on 13th March 2023.
- The date for the results of MAT 2023 (both CBT and PBT) is yet to be announced. The results would tentatively be announced in March or April 2023.
MAT 2023: Application Dates, Application Form, and Further Instructions
To fill out the application form for the MAT examination 2023, candidates would have to visit the official website of AIMA. The application form is available online and as mentioned before, candidates have to fill it out in online mode itself. Candidates would first need to enroll themselves and generate a User ID and password before they fill out an application form. The application process involves filling in basic personal details, and academic qualifications, and uploading documents like signatures and photographs. Lastly, candidates have to pay the application fee to complete the registration process. The application fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. The fees can be paid through credit/ debit cards and net banking only.
How to fill out the MAT 2023 application form?
- Step 1 – Registration: A candidate would need to visit the official website of AIMA to register and fill in their name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID. They would need to generate a login password as well. After filling in the OTP sent to their phone number and email ID, they would need to authenticate it. Then they can fill out the application form.
- Step 2- Login: There would be an option available called “complete details” through which candidates can access the application form. They can log in afterward too by using their date of birth, email ID, and password.
- Step 3- Application fee payment: Through the “make payment” option, they can choose which mode of examination they want to attempt and pay the application fees accordingly.
- Step 4- Uploading photographs and filling in details: As required, candidates would need to upload images. Then, they would need to enter their personal details, educational qualifications, work experience (if applicable), etc. Finally, the candidate can edit any details in the application form before clicking on “Save”.
- The last step is to take a print-out of the application form for reference purposes.
There is no age limit for aspirants wanting to appear for the MAT examination. However, they should have an Undergraduate or Bachelor’s degree from any recognised institute or university. Those who are in their final year can also attempt the exam.