The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an important examination for aspiring lawyers.
It is a national-level entrance examination that determines admission to postgraduate and undergraduate courses in 22 national law universities in the country.
The CLAT 2023 application form was made accessible by the Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) on January 1, 2023. The last date for candidates to register for the examination is March 31, 2023. Candidates should also review the CLAT 2023 registration process, which is explained below.
The CLAT 2023 will be held on May 8, 2023, and will be conducted in an offline manner.
CLAT 2023 Application form – Important Dates
|Release of admission notification||December 26, 2021|
|Commencement of application form||January 1, 2023|
|Last date to register||March 31, 2023|
|Last date to complete fee payment||March 31, 2023|
|CLAT 2023 exam date||May 08, 2023 (3 pm to 5 pm)|
CLAT 2023 Application Fee
The CLAT application fees for this year is ₹4000 for the general category, EWS, and OBC candidates.
For SC, ST, and BPL applicants, the CLAT 2023 registration fee is ₹3500.
Candidates can also pay ₹500 for previous years’ question papers. Do note that the application fee is non-refundable.
CLAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for CLAT 2023, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements for the national-level law entrance exam. The CLAT 2023 qualification standards for undergraduate and master’s degrees are listed below.
|Minimum educational qualification||3-year LLB or 5-year integrated LLB||Class 12 or equivalent|
|Age limit||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Minimum qualifying marks||50% (45% in the case of SC and ST candidates)||45 % (40% in the case of SC and ST candidates)|
Candidates must present all essential certificates and submit information about their educational qualifications while filling out the application form. As a consequence, applicants should double-check that they have all the essential papers before starting the application process.
The required certificates and information are:
- Mark sheets and certificates for the tenth and twelfth grades
- Email address and cell phone number
- Certificate of caste (if applicable)
- Certificate of domicile (if applicable)
- Signature and photograph (scanned in the prescribed format given below)
- BPL authorization (If applicable)
|Image Size (Maximum)||
|Photograph (passport size)||500 Kb||jpg/jpeg or PNG|
|Signature||100 Kb||jpg/jpeg or PNG|
|State of domicile certificate||1.5 Mb|
How to Fill Out the CLAT 2023 Application Form?
CLAT 2023 is open to all applicants who meet the eligibility criteria. The CLAT 2023 application process is divided into four sections.
- Visit the official website of the Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) to learn more about CLAT 2023.
- By clicking on the CLAT 2023 link on the website, you will be taken to the registration panel.
Click the “Register” link to get started.
- Provide your name, cell phone number, and email address on the CLAT 2023 registration form.
- Your registered mobile phone number and email address will receive an OTP.
On the CLAT login page, enter your OTP to complete the registration procedure.
After completing the registration procedure, applicants will have access to the CLAT 2023 application form.
The application form has five sections: personal information, communication details, qualifying examination data, preference, and reservation.
In each of these categories, candidates must fill all required fields.
- Upload a recent passport-size photo and signature as directed.
- Fill in the applicant’s full name, gender, date of birth, father and mother’s names, category, nationality, residency status, and NRI status (if applicable).
- To go to the communication page, click next after entering the essential information.
Include both your primary and secondary addresses here.
- Fill in your email address as well as your cell phone number.
Candidates will be requested to fill out a questionnaire on their educational background. For the UG CLAT, candidates must enter their Class 10th and Class 12th grades. Candidates for the LLM programme will be expected to give information about their graduation as well as their school education.
The following educational information is required from the candidates:
- Qualifying exam
- Name of board or university
- Passing status – Appearing/Appeared or Passed
- Month of passing
- Year of passing
Applicants must complete the prerequisites for the national-level law entrance test before enrolling for CLAT 2023. Check the above-mentioned qualifications, fill out an application, and start preparing for the test.
All the best, everyone.