Indira Gandhi National Open University (Estd. 1985) is a central University located in Maidan Garhi, New Delhi. We’ll discuss about Ignou MBA review in this article.
It aims to provide a higher quality education through means of distance and open programmes to all sections of society. Apart from teaching and research, extensions and training form the mainstay of its activities. It also acts as the National Resource centre and serves to maintain and promote the standards of supporting and promoting education in India. IGNOU hosts the Secretariats of the SAARC Consortium on Open and Distance Learning (SACODiL) and the Global Mega Universities Network (GMUNET), initially supported by UNESCO.
To check the eminence of an MBA from IGNOU we look at Various factors affecting the student’s decision to pursue an MBA from IGNOU or much rather do an IGNOU MBA review,
Table of Contents
IGNOU MBA Placement STATS
IGNOU has a Campus Placements Cell (CPC) that makes getting placements easier for students by providing recruitment drives, campus placements drive, Employability activities throughout the year at the headquarters, national and regional study centres and company premises.
There is no placement data on IGNOU placements record in 2022 but placements in IGNOU according to online sources are between 70% to 80% each year. Top recruiters include Globiva, Radical Minds, and Aviva India. The average packages are between 3-4 Lakhs per annum and the highest package offered on IGNOU is about 15 Lakhs per annum.
A date-wise placement stat table is given below for the year 2019-20:
|Date||Students participated||Students placed|
IGNOU MBA Course Details
MBA is a 2-year post-graduation course with the course fees of 37,800 INR. IGNOU MBA conducts an entrance exam OPEN MBA Admission Test [OPENMAT] to select candidates for 2 streams, namely MBA and PGDM and the admission process for both of them is entirely different. MBA course has an entrance-based system for admission while PGDM follows a merit one. There are 4 new IGNOU MBA specialisations added this year namely: MBA Operations Management, MBA Financial Management, MBA Marketing Management, and MBA Human Recourse management.
IGNOU MBA Review for requirements and admission process is given below:
The IGNOU MBA admission process is conducted twice a year. One in the January session and one in the July session. There is no age limit for attending the exam and the minimum requirement to write the exam is that the candidate must have passed any bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks in graduation.
Ignou MBA Admission process
The IGNOU admission process starts with the registration for the OPEN MBA Admission Test [OPENMAT]. Requirement Criteria is given below:
- Candidate should have a minimum of 55% marks from a UGC certified University in graduation in any bachelor’s degree
- There is no minimum age requirement for filling the form
- Reserved category students get an extra concession of 5% marks
The IGNOU MBA registration process:
- Visit the official website
- Complete the registration form by filling out the required information and candidate credentials
- Re-check the documents uploaded and click ‘proceed’
- The Candidate will be directed towards application fees window where the candidate has 2 modes of paying fees i.e. online (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking) or Offline mode (DD/E-challan)
- Keep a print of the application form with credentials for future use and reference.
IGNOU MBA important Dates
|Admission Portal Start Date||5 January 2023|
|IGNOU MBA last date||31 march 2023|
The IGNOU MBA Review of infrastructure includes a lush green campus spread across various amenities with thriving campus life for students. It possesses a Conference Room in which, various seminars, conferences, workshops and many more engaging academic activities take place. It includes a projection system which makes it suitable for the above activities. The IGNOU
conference room has a seating capacity of 100 people.
FAQs on IGNOU
- What is the minimum age criteria and course fees for admission at IGNOU MBA?
- IGNOU MBA is a postgraduate degree offered by IGNOU which has a course fee of 37,800 INR. There is no minimum age criteria to take admission to the course.
- Will I be notified of my acceptance at IGNOU MBA acceptance and if so when will I get the notification of acceptance?
- A notification system for details of candidate admission is established at IGNOU or the message is delivered through the candidate’s provided E-mail address. Usually, after the admission cycle has begun, a 2-month-time frame is given for the notification of acceptance into IGNOU.
- What would be the usual Academic schedule for IGNOU MBA?
- Admission to various programmes is through an academic schedule. The admission announcements are widely publicised through national and regional media; or through IGNOU Website.