Common Admission Test (CAT) is an Entrance Exam for admission to a PG-level course. It’s a management aptitude test organized per annum for admission to MBA/PGP programs offered by the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) and quite 1200 Business Schools in India. Annually, about 2.30 lakh aspirants appear for the CAT Exam.
CAT Exam is organized per annum on the last Sunday of November. This year, the CAT 2023 Exam is scheduled to be conducted on November 27, 2023, and thus the web application process for registration for the CAT Exam 2023 will begin in the first week of August 2023.
Table of Content:
- CAT Exam Eligibility Criteria 2023.
- CAT Exam 2023: Dates to Recollect.
- CAT Exam Pattern 2023.
- CAT 2023 Exam Pattern and Test Structure.
- CAT Exam 2023 Application Process.
- CAT Exam Application Fee.
- CAT Exam Guidelines.
CAT Exam Eligibility Criteria 2023:
Graduation is the minimum qualification required for the CAT Exam. Refer to the CAT Exam 2023 eligibility criteria given below:
- Candidates should have completed their graduation with a minimum of fifty per cent in aggregate (forty-five percent for SC/ ST/ PwD aspirants).
- Candidates in the final year of their bachelor’s degree are also eligible to appear for the CAT Exam.
- Professionals such as CA/CS/ICWA can also appear in the CAT Exam.
CAT Exam 2023: Dates to recollect:
CAT Exam 2023 dates will be announced on 31 July 2023. Refer to the below-given events and their tentative dates:
Events Tentative Dates
- CAT Exam 2023 registrations start in 1st week of August 2023.
- Registration end in 3rd week of September 2023.
- CAT Exam 2023 form correction CAT Exam 2023 form correction.
- CAT Exam 2023 Admit card release 4th week of October 2023.
- CAT Exam 2023 mock test release 4th week of October 2023.
- CAT Exam 2023 27/Nov/2023.
- CAT Exam 2023 answer key release 1st week of December 2023.
- CAT Exam answer key challenge 1st week of December 2023.
- CAT Exam 2023 result declaration 1st week of January 2023.
CAT Exam Pattern 2023:
CAT Exam is a computer-based test (CBT) conducted at various test centres across the country. Refer to the CAT Exam pattern given below:
Mode of CAT Exam 2023 Computer Based Test
- Sections 4- VARC, DILR, and QA
- Duration of exam Total- 120 minutes.
Section wise-40 minutes per section.
- CAT exam timing Morning- 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM.
Afternoon- 12:30 PM to 2:30.
Evening- 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM.
- Section-wise number of Questions VARC- 26 24 Revised.
DILR- 24 20 Revised.
QA- 26 22 Revised.
- Total Number of questions 76.
- Total marks 228.
- Language of question paper English.
- Number of answer choices 4.
- Question Type MCQ and non-MCQ.
- Marking Scheme For every correct answer, three marks.
For each incorrect answer, a Negative 1 mark.
For an incorrect answer in non-MCQ, Zero marks.
CAT 2023 Exam Pattern & Test Structure
- CAT Exam question paper is divided into three sections:
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA).
The aspirants have to solve both MCQ and Non-MCQ type questions.
CAT Exam 2023 Application Process:
CAT Exam 2023 application process is scheduled from the 1st week of August and concludes by the 3rd week of September. The CAT Exam 2023 application process is online, and the aspirants will have to submit their forms at the official website of the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs). Refer to the below-given steps to register for CAT Exam 2023 and fill out the CAT Exam application form:
- Visit iimcat.ac.in website.
- Click on ‘New User’.
- Fill in the required details such as name, date of birth, nationality, email ID, and mobile phone number.
- Enter the captcha code displayed on the screen and click on the ‘submit’ button to proceed further.
- One Time Password (OTP) will be sent on the email ID and mobile phone number provided.
- Use the OTP to validate the registration.
- Once the registration is completed, fill in personal details in the CAT application form.
- Upload your required photo and signature.
- Provide the required academic details – class 10th, 12th mark sheet and UP, PG, or professional degrees.
- Select IIM courses, campuses, and test city centre preference.
- Pay the CAT Exam application fee via debit/credit card, net banking, or e-wallet.
CAT Exam Application Fee:
CAT Exam Application Fee is to be paid at the time of form submission. The CAT Exam application form will not be considered complete until the payment is made. Refer CAT Exam 2023 application fee below:
- General, OBC INR 2,200/-
- SC/ST/PwD INR 1,100/-
CAT Exam Guidelines
Aspirants appearing for the exam are required to carry the following documents to the CAT Exam centre:
- Admit card: Aspirants appearing for the CAT 2021 exam must carry two printouts of their admit cards with their photos affixed on them. No permission in the Exam hall without the Admit card.
- Identity Proof: Besides the admit card, aspirants must carry a photo ID proof such as College ID, Aadhaar card, driving license, passport, PAN card, Voter ID, or Employer ID.
- Name change document: In case aspirant change their name, they must also carry a name change certificate/document.
Aspirants should take note of the following items that are prohibited from being carried inside the Exam Hall:
- Watch, Calculator, Mobile phone, or any other electronic item.
- Purses or any bags.
- Beverages and Eatables.
- Accessories that contain metal and Jewellery.
- Jackets and clothes with pockets.
- Closed footwear.
Note: Aspirants with a metal implant, pacemaker, etc., in their body, a medical certificate of the same shall be carried by them to the test centre.